Lodging in Sweet Grass County
- Grand Hotel Bed and Breakfast 406.932.4459
- 189 McLeod St
- Built in 1890 and listed on the National Register of Historical Places this iconic hotel has 14 high-ceiling, sunny guest rooms decorated in western Victorian style. Located right downtown allowing easy access to shopping.
- Lazy J Motel 406.932.5533
- 172 Big Timber Loop Road.
- A locally owned and operated motel with 19 newly renovated rooms. Featured in the movie The Horse Whisperer.
- River Valley Inn 406.932.4943
- 600 W 2nd Ave
- This locally owned hotel has 22 rooms all with cable and air-conditioning. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly.
- Super 8 Motel 406.932.8888
- 20 A Big Timber Loop Rd
- Get plenty of value when you book a room here, conveniently located off I-90. 41 rooms, pet friendly and 100% smoke free.
B&Bs/Guest Houses/Dude Ranches/Cabins
- Bucking Horse Cabin: 404.750.3400
- 365 Bridger Creek Rd, Reed Point, MT 59069
- Lovely handcrafted log cabin with trout stream and horse pasture located in scenic valley 20 miles east of Big Timber. 2 bedrooms, 3 Queen beds, bathroom, full kitchen, w&d, large porch, and picnic area overlooking the creek. Can accommodate up to 6 horses for a small upcharge. Trailer RV suitable.
- See photos and book at http://bit.ly/bhcabin
- Burnt Out Lodge: 406.932-6601
- Hawley Mountain Guest Ranch: 406.932.5791
- 4188 Main Boulder Rd
- Guest ranch located in the breathtaking Boulder Valley. This all-inclusive vacation allows you to experience Montana culture by offering horseback rides, fly fishing on the Boulder River, hiking, a jeep trip to the ghost town of Independence, a scenic boat float on the Yellowstone River, “cowboy” cookouts, and campfires.
- Homestead Bed and Breakfast: 406.932.3033
- 614 McLeod St
- Located only a few blocks from downtown this bed and breakfast has four guest rooms with private bathrooms. Stay the night and enjoy a delicious home cooked breakfast in the morning. Within walking distance of Lion’s Club City Park.
- Montana Cabin Rentals: 406.599.6772
- Mountain Home/Montana Vacation Rentals: 406.586.4589
- Named one of the World's best vacation rental agencies six years in a row by Conde Nash Travel Magazine. Represent numerous vacation properties throughout Sweet Grass County.
- Sweet Grass Ranch: 406.537.4477
- 460 Rein Lane
- One and two-bedroom log cabins nestled along Sweet Grass Creek at the base of the picturesque Crazy Mountains feature casual Western décor and cozy, comfortable atmospheres. Sit on the front porch and watch the sunset, stoke the wood stove on a chilly evening or walk out your back door for instant access to spectacular wilderness and working ranch life. Rooms in the historic main lodge with a shared bathroom or a family unit with private bath are also available.
- McLeod Resort: 406.932.6167
- Nestled in the Boulder Valley on the banks of the West Boulder River. The resort includes five cabins, one fishing guest-house, a campground (trailer, camper, RV & tent) and a central restroom with shower and laundry. Campground includes water, electricity (upon availability). A relaxing, get-away atmosphere. Where you can fall asleep to the soothing sounds of the Boulder River.
- Spring Creek Campground: 406.932.4387
- Located on the banks of the Boulder River and has two stocked fishing ponds. There are 4 log cabins (4-5 guests), 3 camping cabins (2 guests), 65 RV/tent sites, and restrooms with showers.
No Host Camping
- Aspen Campground:
- Aspen Campground is located in the Gallatin National Forest in south central Montana. At an elevation of 4,500 feet, the campground covers an area of two acres. The campground has 8 campsites which have the basic facilities including handicapped-accessible restrooms and picnic tables. Drinking water is available from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Visitors may enjoy fishing and hiking nearby. Pets are allowed. Maximum trailer length is 32 feet. This is a pack it in, pack it out campsite. Stay is limited to 16 days. A fee is required for the use of this campground from Memorial Day till Labor Day.
- Big Rock Fishing Access: 406.247.2940
- 7-day limit. Toilets and access for camp trailers is available. Open all season. Remote site along the Boulder River.
- Chippy Park Campground:
- Chippy Park Campground is located in the Gallatin National Forest. There are 7 camping sites. Maximum trailer length is 32 feet. This campground has firepits, picnic tables, handicapped accessible toilets, and 2 handicapped accessible sites. Local fishing access. Drinking water is available May 25 through September 1. This is a pack-in/pack-out campground with no trash service. No firewood is provided. Stay is limited to 16 days. A fee is required for the use of this campground from Memorial Day till Labor Day.
- Grey Bear Fishing Access: 406.247.2940
- Permits camping. Fee and 7-day stay limit. Boat launch, toilets, and access for camp trailers; 32-foot limit. No water. Open all season. Large open area for camping and picnicking. On the Yellowstone River.
- Half Moon Campground: 406.932.5155
- 12 campsites, 6 outhouse facilities. $5.00 fee. Open all year (access limited during winter due to snow), water available Memorial Day – Labor Day. Only campground on the East side of the Crazy Mountains.
- Otter Creek Fishing Access: 406.247.2940
- Permits camping. 7-day stay limit. Boat launch, toilets and access for camp trailers are available. Open all season. Upper Yellowstone River access.
- Sweet Grass County Fairgrounds: 406.932.5146
- No fee, donations accepted.
- West Boulder Campground: 406.932.5155
- 10 camp sites. Open all year, but access limited in winter due to snow. No reservations, $5.00 fee. Water available Memorial Day through Labor Day. Trailhead to West Boulder Meadows.
- Stay in a Forest Service Cabin: 1.877.444.6777
- Custer National Forest: Deer Creek Cabin, Fourmile Cabin, West Boulder Cabin, West Bridger Station. Many of these rustic and primitive cabins are historic former ranger stations or fire lookouts.
Do you need a place for your horse or cattle?
Join us at the Sweet Grass County Fairgrounds for a great camping location with corrals for livestock. Camping and holding livestock at the fairgrounds is free, however, donations are appreciated so The County can keep the fairgrounds nice for your next visit.
Call the Sweet Grass County Extension Office, (406) 932-5146, to ensure space is available as the fairgrounds are very busy during the summer months.
- Grand Hotel Bed and Breakfast 406.932.4459